Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Goodbye for now





This trip has been one of the most amazing and influential experiences and I honestly cannot our into words how big of an impact it has made on me. I was nervous before coming but my nerves were quickly put to rest by my host family and the students and staff of Anne Frank Gymnasium. Things could not have gone better and I could not have been placed at a better place with a more caring family. It was truly perfect and beyond anything I could have imagined.

The school I have been at for the last week was a school entirely for students with severe disabilities and it was by far one of my favorite places to be and a definite learning point for me as a special education teacher. The activities, projects, and lessons were so amazing to see and the excitement the students had for learning was unmatched anywhere I have ever been. I hope to eventually come back to Germany and return to the school and maybe even bring other special education staff along to let them witness the greatness as well!

Adeventures in Deutschland

While in Germany I had many traveling opportunities. I went to Münster, Dortmund, Berlin, and I even left Germany to a trip to the Netherlands to see Amsterdam! Traveling is so much cheaper in the European Union and trains are so quick and easy. Definitely something I would love to see become an everyday thing in America as well.

I couldn’t have ever hoped that this trip would be more than it has been because everything about it was so wonderful and perfect. That’s it for my German blog! Thank you for joining me on my journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment